View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0001727||Anope Stable (2.0.x series)||General||public||2019-11-11 21:55||2019-11-12 15:14|
|Summary||0001727: Setting NickServ unconfirmedexpire with any value of Xd still marks the account to expire in 24h if not confirmed|
|Description||Setting ns_register::unconfirmedexpire to any value of Xd, still marks the account to expire in 24h when not confirmed.|
This was tested in 2 networks (with ns_register::registration set to "admin" and "mail") and the issue was triggered in both set-ups.
|Steps To Reproduce||- Set ns_register::unconfirmedexpire to something like 3d|
- Rehash/Restart Anope
- Register a nickname
- You'll receive a notice saying that the account will expire in 3d if not confirmed
- Do /NS INFO nick
- You'll receive a notice saying that the account will expire in 24h if not confirmed
|Additional Information||/* The setup used for testing (used /os reload to reload Anope config) */|
name = "ns_register"
* Registration confirmation setting. Set to "none" for no registration confirmation,
* "mail" for email confirmation, and "admin" to have services operators manually confirm
* every registration. Set to "disable" to completely disable all registrations.
registration = "mail"
* The minimum length of time between consecutive uses of NickServ's RESEND command.
* This directive is optional, but recommended. If not set, this restriction will be disabled.
resenddelay = 90s
* Prevents users from registering their nick if they are not connected
* for at least the given number of seconds.
* This directive is optional.
nickregdelay = 60s
* The length of time a user using an unconfirmed account has
* before the account will be released for general use again.
unconfirmedexpire = 3d
/* Some output of when registering the nick */
[20:49] -NickServ- Nickname blah registered.
[20:49] -NickServ- Your email address is not confirmed. To confirm it, follow the instructions that were emailed to you.
[20:49] -NickServ- Your account will expire, if not confirmed, in 3 days.
/* Output of /NS INFO */
[20:51] -NickServ- blah is Gecos
[20:51] -NickServ- blah is an unconfirmed nickname.
[20:51] -NickServ- Online from: PTirc@rdacted.host
[20:51] -NickServ- Online from: PTirc@5D6A5931.E6501A21.ADC7F6A.IP
[20:51] -NickServ- Registered: nov. 11 20:49:41 2019 CET (2 minutes ago)
[20:51] -NickServ- Email address: redacted@mail
[20:51] -NickServ- Expires: nov. 12 20:49:41 2019 CET (23 hours, 57 minutes from now)
[20:51] -NickServ- Options: Private, Protection, Security, Auto-op, Keep modes, Chanstats
|Tags||No tags attached.|
||Fixed in https://github.com/anope/anope/commit/f34ba4b1f0b69b1b080c22a3fd62b579d756c855|
||I believe this should be solved as soon as possible, because it's a major problem for networks that use ns_register::registration = "admin" as they might take more than 24h to check the pending registration list.|